MatchFit is the complete guide to getting your body and brain in the best possible shape for work, and for life. This inspiring book is the culmination of Andrew May’s twenty years of experience as an elite athlete and fitness trainer for some of the world’s best athletes; studying the body (Exercise Physiology) and the brain (Coaching Psychology); working with a variety of clients including elite athletes, military, entrepreneurs, business leaders and entire organisations; and life experience.
So many people in their late 30’s and early 40’s go through their own ‘perfect storm’ that includes:
- Promotion or more responsibility and workload
- Lifestyle changes and pressures including a mortgage, permanent
- relationship, mortgage, starting a family, school fees, etc
- Because we are ‘too busy’ we stop exercising and looking after ourselves
- We get stuck plating the ‘same game’ and can feel stale and
- Natural cognitive and biological decline occurs post 40 years
Andrew went through a marriage separation in his late 30’s and weathered his own ‘perfect storm’. For a while he spiralled out of control and needed to dig deep and treat himself as a human guinea pig putting everything he had learned over the years into practice, plus a few new things too, to whip his body and brain both back into much better shape.